Maybe you've found yourself keeping a list of all the places you'd like to hike. Perhaps you've seen pictures of beautiful places to hike and you've added them to your list. Here are some suggested 10 Best Places to Hike in the World that have made it to our bucket list:
- Torres del Paine National Park, Chile: Known for its granite peaks, glaciers, and lakes, this park offers a variety of hiking trails for all levels of hikers. The W Trek is one of the most popular multi-day hikes in the park.
- Inca Trail, Peru: The Inca Trail is a historic route that leads to the famous Machu Picchu. The trail is challenging but rewarding, offering breathtaking views of the Andes and ancient Inca ruins.
- Everest Base Camp Trek, Nepal: This is a challenging trek that takes hikers to the base of the world's highest peak, Mount Everest. The trail passes through remote villages, scenic valleys, and high mountain passes.
- Milford Track, New Zealand: The Milford Track is a 53.5 km hiking trail that takes hikers through beautiful landscapes, including valleys, lakes, and waterfalls. It is one of the most popular hikes in New Zealand.
- Zion National Park, USA: Zion National Park offers a variety of hiking trails, from easy walks to challenging climbs. The Narrows hike, where hikers walk through a slot canyon in the Virgin River, is a must-do.
- The Haute Route, France and Switzerland: This challenging hike takes hikers from Chamonix, France to Zermatt, Switzerland. The trail passes through high mountain passes, glaciers, and offers spectacular views of the Alps.
- The Overland Track, Australia: The Overland Track is a 65 km hike through Tasmania's Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park. The trail takes hikers through alpine landscapes, rainforests, and past several waterfalls.
- The Annapurna Circuit, Nepal: This is a classic trek that takes hikers through a variety of landscapes, from lush valleys to high mountain passes. The trek offers stunning views of the Annapurna range.
- The West Coast Trail, Canada: This is a challenging 75 km trail along the west coast of Vancouver Island. The trail takes hikers through forests, beaches, and offers opportunities to spot wildlife such as bears and whales.
- The Laugavegur Trail, Iceland: The Laugavegur Trail is a 55 km trek through the Highlands of Iceland. The trail takes hikers through a variety of landscapes, including geothermal areas, glaciers, and colorful mountains
Enjoy your next adventure!